When you contact Melbourne Water with an enquiry or complaint, we collect your personal information. We do this so we can investigate and provide information in response.
The information we normally collect is:
- your name and contact details
- details of your enquiry or complaint, or the issue you are reporting.
How we use your information
We may use your information in several ways:
- If you contact us by phone, we record the call for quality and training purposes – including verifying what we discussed and improving customer experience. If you don’t want your call recorded, you can tell us when you call.
- We prepare internal statistical reports on customer enquiries. We do this without identifying you to improve customer experience.
- Melbourne Water or our contract service provider may contact you for customer research purposes, such as asking you about your experience dealing with us. You can tell us at any time if you don’t want to be contacted for this purpose.
You may choose to remain anonymous. However, without your personal information we will not able to respond to your enquiry, and we may not be able to fully investigate or resolve your reported issue or complaint.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- service providers we contract to carry out works and services on our behalf
- other government agencies involved in delivering a service, or who are better placed to manage your enquiry
- contract service providers (if your call is recorded), to help us improve customer experience.
In certain circumstances, we may be required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information to other organisations.
By giving us your personal information you agree to us sharing it in this way, unless you tell us otherwise.
Accessing your information
To seek access to your personal information at Melbourne Water, or to correct or update it: