As a result of the recent high rainfalls and subsequent flooding Melbourne Water is working with emergency services and other relevant agencies to review the impacts to our waterways and assets. 

For flood or storm emergency assistance, contact the VIC SES on 132 500 and for life threatening emergencies call 000. 

You can access current emergency information by calling the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or sign up to receive regular updates regarding flooding via the emergency.vic.gov.au website and app.

Drainage schemes and contribution rates

Drainage schemes are used to plan infrastructure for new urban developments. They guide the standards you must meet for flood protection, water quality and waterway health.

Drainage schemes

They're a master plan for drainage in a specific catchment area. Sometimes referred to as ‘development schemes’ or ‘development services schemes’. 


Contribution rates

Drainage schemes determine what financial contribution you need to make to us to fund required drainage and stormwater quality treatment works. 


Urban Renewal Cost Recovery Scheme (URCRS)

The scheme funds investment in major flooding and drainage infrastructure to support major urban renewal precincts in Melbourne, like Arden.


Contact us

If you need any help, contact us:

 131 722

 [email protected]

Last updated:
13 September 2021